Sunday, February 1, 2009

The February Winds

A blast of music came rushing through my ears as I sighed with a hum; my eyes closed and head tilting the side. I was all alone in the world or so that was how I felt, but nonetheless, the feeling gave me comfort as if I was in final peace.

A smile formed from my lips and I closed my eyes. The tune that flowed from my headphones filled me with such a soft sort of strength and I wished the complications of my life would untangle and smoothen itself into a beautiful sound such as this.

The rythm and the beat were so in sync to the beating of my own heart that I thought if the music stopped then so would I. But that didn't happen. The sound slowly faded away and I was still breathing; my heart still beating and I gave out another sigh.

My eyes blinked open. Pure silence now and nothing but that. Around me, I saw only darkness and the unclear, dulled future that lay ahead.

***I...don't really know...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I wish I could load all my troubles onto my mp3 player and delete the play list... :D

Celeste said...

That would be a wonderful thing, but we can't always get what we want :(