Monday, October 6, 2008

Society's Truth

She laughs in pure joy
A sound so familiar
To bright sunshine days
The breaking of summer
Where once we were friends
The feeling suppressed
A great deal of pain
We no longer possess
Miss the one who was there
To hold when alone and push out of rage
Think of the one who’s now missing
From life’s stories forgotten and tormenting cage

He chuckles in sick humor
The turning of heads
Because a noise such as this
Means an overdose of meds
People walk by so casual, so cool
They watch from the corners of their eyes
The becoming of the fool
A relentless gossip, a rumor, a lie
No one deserves this
Not you my friend
Goodbye...

They walk in a group
Acting their way through the halls
As if they were all still good friends
Not a single withdrawal
How do they stand this?
When inside they cry
An unbearable relation to each other
An abominable lie

I sit silently from where I am
The lights dim and flicker
Like lightning in a bottle
I think I feel sicker!
Just watching those around me
As they converse and joke around
The people that are real mixed with fakes
Like a box for the lost and found
I buy none of this
And will not accept
The untrue words of another
That should be hastily swept


***Oh yea, I totally multi-tasked! Watching a movie, while doing homework, and also writing this piece! I'm too awesome for my own good D:

3 comments:

Jakki said...

...i liked that piece...i pictured the piece from a strange perspective...^^ you always have lovely pieces.

Kayla said...

I can't honestly believe how much I was almost ready to cry when I read this piece.

It...reminds me about what I went through in June and August.

...Thank you for writing this, hun.

Celeste said...

Thanks guys! xDDD

To Kiwi: I was actually writing this one for you...because...wellll...I LOVE YOU!!! ^^