Monday, October 27, 2008

Solemn Retreat

Two weeks I haven't entered a new post/entry...writer's block maybe? Or possibly a loss for ideas...

I did try to write some new poetry, but I was unable to conclude most of them...

This one was written only hours ago, though. I admit I lost interest at the end, so it might seem a little sloppy there. I think it could possibly be better, but I can appreciate its current form right now.


Solemn Retreat

Ocean waves caress the sun
A moonlight gaze now hung
Mildew flowers seen; untold
Hurricane storms unfolds
Deafening the sound of a beating heart
Mine in which was torn apart
Loosen the strands of time again
Forever make a secret end
To cover up Pacific's dime
Of neverending rhymes
Unrelated; that which turns to dust
And a fake, fanged sliver cut
Unknown to those; the fishes that surround
Almost in a circle; the center where they are bound

Maybe it's time to try something new; something different. My poetry seems to be all the same and that bothers me like an itch I can't seem to scratch. They're satisfying, but maybe that's not good enough. I guess I'll just try to be better. Use a wider vocabulary, take a look at some examples from other poets, famous or not, etc.

Ah...I'm stressed and I just need to think about other things.

More writes later! :/

No comments: