Monday, March 9, 2009

All Fun And Games

My toes are freezing and I can feel the air around me, so cold as if death has come for a visit. I smile, my head twisting round and round. The image in my head makes me laugh and I can't stop giggling at the absurdity of the unrealistic action of insanity.

"Shh!" My sister furrows her brow. She's focused and frustrated at the books and documents laid out in front of her. She's studying hard, but I don't think she's studying hard enough. Distractions are not a good thing for her, but that is something I care not for. Whatever she's having troubles with is her problem and not mine.

I let out a breath. I can see the cloud of icy air that takes form as I exhale. I smile at this, too. I hate the cold, but the smallest things can easily amuse me.

A look over at my older sister once again and her hand scribbles so furiously on one of her notebooks, moving left to right and down one line, repeating the process hastily over and over again.

I slowly and quietly tip toe over to her and peer over her shoulder, getting a glimpse of some of the unreadable words. Numbers I think i see, but can't be too sure of. My eyes graze over the back of her exposed neck because she has her hair up in a ponytail.

I bring myself closer until my nose is only inches away from her skin. I open my mouth and slowly, very slowly, and I smile suddenly blowing cold, frosted air towards her making her jump and scream. "KATHIIEEEEEEE!!!!"

I drop to the floor, laughing hysterically! The world is spinning and singing and joy oh joy! I can't hear anything else except for the sound of my own self, who by the way, sounds like some crazy crack addict gone nuts! Hahahahah!

No comments: