Friday, May 1, 2009

TGIF...

Something useful when writing:

http://www.deepgenre.com/wordpress/craft/stupid-writer-tricks-3/


So now I'm trying to write a short story and I'm a little bit nervous. When it comes to writing poetry, it just seems to come naturally to me and the job is almost effortless. Short stories, however, are a little more difficult for myself. Words are nice, but I find the task of connecting them with logic and proper sentences as well as having to make sense of them, a challenge. Every time I've tried to write a story, I've always gotten stuck somewhere along the line, but then again, what writer doesn't? This time, I will try my hardest to attempt a complete and entertaining short story that hopefully a reader may enjoy.

Storyline: An inhumane cannibal is living in a maze deep inside an abandoned castle of England, where tourists and other people come to find the mystery of those who went missing in there, only to be trapped souls, as well, and eaten by the cannibal himself. A boy, young and smart, is drawn to the castle and is intrigued by the mystery that later unfolds before him as he enters the castle, himself, and explores the depth of the maze to meet the fiend who is guilty of the crimes.

I suppose I shouldn't put down all of what happens, or else I'll just give away my whole story right there. Well, basically, what I'm going to try to do is to just write it as a 'short' story, not the long ones that I usually strive for because I usually end up giving up on those. And I will do whatever I can to keep myself writing and to not get the story of track of what should really happen. I pretty much have all I need except for the tiny little details that I'm not too worried about. Well, thanks for tuning in. =]

No comments: